Daily Routine

Hello everyone!

I hope you are all well. I am really sad to say that this is my last official week as your language assistant. I am sad that I didn't get to say goodbye but I am so happy I got to know you all before this pandemic. I had an amazing time working with you all and I will miss you all a lot! Thank you for making my time in Almería so special.


This week I thought we could do a creative task that is related to life right now. We will be looking at our normal daily routine compared to our daily routine during quarantine. This is extremely useful vocabulary to know and will always come in handy.

For today's task I would like you to draw two comic strips. One is going to describe your normal daily routine, and the other is going to describe your daily routine during this time in quarantine.

You are going to draw pictures to show what you do and then you are going to write sentences below describing what you do.

For example, I would draw a picture of me waking up, then I would write below it "I wake up". Then I would draw a picture of me eating breakfast and I would write "I eat breakfast" below it. After that I would draw a picture of me taking my dog for a walk and I would write "I take my dog for a walk" below it...and so on.

Here is a video to remind you of the different vocabulary that you will need to use in this exercise. Note that the video is talking in the 2nd person (you, your) but remember that you need to talk in the 1st person (I, my).

Take a note of this vocabulary in your notebook so that you can remember it for next time.



Now that you have revised the vocabulary you can get started on drawing your comic strip!
1st - 3rd grade, you can use the template below.
Use one row for your normal routine and the other for your quarantine routine. Write one sentence describing what you are doing below the picture that you draw.





4th-6th grade, you are going to write more than one sentence. Make your sentences longer by giving examples, such as the food you eat and the times that you do things. For example, instead of saying "I wake up" you can say "I wake up at 7am" or instead of saying "I eat breakfast" you can say "I eat cereal for breakfast".  Also, remember to use time sequencers to make your writing flow better. Here are the time sequencers you should use:


You can use one of these templates which has more space to write longer sentences. You can choose which size you would like to use, then print it out and get started on drawing your pictures!




1st and 2nd grade, if that task is too difficult, you can print out this picture and and colour it in. Make sure the colours of the rainbow are red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple and pink. You can colour in the letters any colours you like.




That is all for this week!

Although I said this was my last week, you should keep an eye on this page because I might post some fun activities/videos/songs for you to see over the next few weeks before the end of the term. 

I hope you all enjoy life as it begins to go back to normal. 

Again, I would like to say a huge THANK YOU for making my time in Almería so wonderful. Hopefully I can return one day to say a proper goodbye!

Sending virtual hugs!


Comentarios

  1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. ¡¡¡¡¡Hola Hannah!!!!!!
    Soy Clara.Me lo he pasado muy bien en tus clases. Gracias por habernos enseñado tanto.
    Besos de Clara.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Household Appliances/Machines

SOLAR SYSTEM EXHIBITION